Permitting – English

Inuinnaqtun – ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ


Inuit do not require a permit to enter or carry out activities related to subsistence harvesting and guiding in these conservation areas, as per the Nunavut Agreement and Inuit Impact and Benefit Agreement for National Wildlife Areas and Migratory Bird Sanctuaries in the Nunavut Settlement Area.

All non-Inuit require a permit to enter and carry out activities, including sport hunters, researchers and tourists.  All commercial or business activities, with the exception of Inuit guides, require a permit.  

You can apply for a permit from the Canadian Wildlife Service before February 1st at:
Telephone: 867-975-1220

The ACMCs review all permit applications and provide recommendations to the Canadian Wildlife Service on whether the permit should be issued or not.
Click here for more information about permits.

%d bloggers like this: